Bible Study Methods (Hermeneutics)
Every Tuesday, from 09/12/2023 to 12/12/2023, 6:30 PM - 8:30 PM
In this 12-week course, we will learn the skills necessary for more in-depth Bible study, such as considering a passage's historical and cultural implications, word and sentence analysis, genre-specific considerations, and more. After an introductory week, we'll work on an every-other-week cycle of learning a new skill and practicing it together the first week before applying it in pairs/small groups the next week and finally trying it on our own in homework assignments. Participants should be high school-aged or older.
Unfortunately, childcare will not be provided.
Participants will need a copy of the book "How to Read the Bible for All It's Worth" by Fee & Stuart (electronic copies are acceptable). It would be best to get the newer edition, published in 2014. Other helpful texts and tools will be discussed in class. BUY BOOK HERE!
- September 12 - Introduction
- September 19 - Historical & Cultural Considerations & Word Analysis
- September 26 - Practical Applications/Practice
- October 3 - Grammatical and Sentence Analysis
- October 10 - Practical Application/Practice
- October 17 - Genre Study: Epistles & Gospels
- October 24 - Practical Application/Practice
- October 31 - Genre Study: Old Testament Narrative, Poetry, Wisdom Literature
- November 7 - Practical Application/Practice
- November 14 & 21 - NO CLASS
- November 28 - Genre Study: Prophetic & Apocalyptic Literature
- December 5 - Practical Application/Practice
- December 12 - Summary/Wrap-Up
Class link can be accessed here.
Please register below.
For more information, please reach out to Joel Thomas ( ).