"Art of Parenting" Class
Wednesday, January 27, 2021, 7:00 PM - 8:30 PM
Parents, we would like to invite you to take part in a 10-week parenting class starting in January 2021. This class will teach you valuable lessons from God's Word on parenting. You will get to fellowship and be encouraged by other parents as we work through the tough road of parenting together.
Registration & Detailed Information
***Registration Closes 1/22/21*****
Who is this class for?
This class is for any individual with a child under 18 in the home. This is for dual parents, single parents, blended families, and grandparents who are parenting grandchildren in their home. If God has entrusted you with a child to guide and care for, THIS IS FOR YOU!!
What will we study?
We will be using the "Art of Parenting" by Family Life. Their family materials are encouraging, engaging, and helpful in so many ways. The study will be broad enough to give us big goals and direction in our parenting. Our table discussions will help us put apply these principles in the daily issues we deal with. Each parent will receive an Art of Parenting workbook for the class.
Art of Parenting Overview Video
What is the schedule?
*Day: Wednesday Nights
*Dates: Jan 27th - March 31st
*Time: 7:00PM - 8:30PM
What is the nightly format?
*7:00 - 7:15 - Welcome
*7:15 - 8:00 - Art of Parenting material
*8:00 - 8:30 - Small group discussion and prayer
What about snacks?
Each Wednesday we will feast on God's word. If you should need earthly food, everyone who attends can sign up to bring some snacks one or more nights of the class.
What about the kids?
We will provide childcare for kids 10 and under. Parents who will need childcare will volunteer to help with children for 1 night of the 10-week class. This can be done in 3 ways:
- The parent(s)* serve and watch kids on their scheduled night.
- We can connect you with teens to hire, to serve on your night at a rate of $20 per teen.
- If you have teenagers that currently serve in children's ministry they may volunteer for your scheduled night.
*All adults who provide childcare at Harvest must have a background check on file. A Children's Ministry application and background check form are attached in the forms section of the registration. If you are planning to do childcare one night of the class, please bring this filled out for each parent. If you currently serve in children's ministry you already have one on file.
Cost is $12 per adult. This will cover class materials.
- One adult = One adult not a couple
- One child = One child who will be needing childcare
- Example 1: a family with 2 parents attending the class and 2 toddlers, should have 4 registrations (2 Parents & 2 Children)
- Example 4: A single dad with 2 kids needing childcare will have a registration of 3. (1 adult & 2 children)
- The registration will ask a few questions about how you can help with the class.
- Print & fill out Background check app if needed