Our sermon series Speaking the Truth in Love considers what God's Word says on some current cultural controversies: justice, sexuality, transgenderism, abortion, partiality, and government. We are recommending some books which provide additional sound teaching on these topics. Each book costs approximately $15.
- By What Standard? God's World...God's Rules (Jared Longshore, editor). Topics include: Justice, Wordly Philosophies, Sex & Gender, Racial Reconciliation
- Love Thy Body: Answering Hard Questions About Life and Sexuality (Dr. Nancy Pearcey). Topics include: Promiscuity, Homosexuality, Transgenderism, Euthanasia
- Confronting Injustice without Compromising Truth (Dr. Thaddeus Williams).
- Born This Way? Homosexuality, Science, and the Scriptures (Dr. J. Alan Branch).
- Affirming God's Image: Addressing the Transgender Question with Science and Scripture (Dr. J. Alan Branch)
We also recommend that you take advantage of these free online resources:
- "180 Movie: Eight Minds Changed on Abortion in Seconds" (Living Waters / Ray Comfort)
- Abortion: A Rational Look at An Emotional Issue - free Kindle book (Dr. R. C. Sproul)
- "Racial Reconciliation" sermon (Dr. Voddie Baucham)
- "Homosexuality: Theology, Philosophy, Science" sermon series (Mike Winger)
- "The Philosophy of Transgenderism: A Christian Evaluation and Response" (Mike Moses)
- "Privilege, Oppression, and the Gospel: A Biblical Response to Intersectionality" (Mike Moses)
- "Just Thinking" podcast (Darrell Harrison and Virgil Walker)
- The Center for Biblical Unity (Monique Duson
- The Alisa Childers podcast
"So that we may no longer be children, tossed to and fro by the waves and carried about by every wind of doctrine, by human cunning, by craftiness in deceitful schemes. Rather, speaking the truth in love, we are to grow up in every way into him who is the head, into Christ." (Eph. 4:15-16)