Find a Small Group Growth Guide
...are the main context for personal discipleship at Harvest. These groups are designed to challenge believers to grow as faithful and fruitful followers of Jesus Christ. You will be encouraged in Christ-likeness through Bible study, prayer, accountability, fellowship, and real-life support. These men and women testify to the impact small groups have had in their lives:
Find a Small Group
We invite you to visit a small group this week! Follow the link below to see the day/time and location for each group. If you would like assistance identifying a group that would be a good fit for you, please contact Heather Reynolds, Small Group Coordinator: 734.386.0323 or
There are copies of the Growth Guide at the information booth each Sunday. If you would like to be added to the email list to receive these questions, please email Heather Reynolds, Small Group Coordinator at
Week of February 5-10
Read John 2:12-25 together.
Discuss and apply:
1. (v.14-16) The temple had become a house of trade - a place of unfocused worship and unbridled greed. (See Mark 11:17) In what ways might your personal worship be unfocused or poorly motivated?
2. God’s method of “cleaning house,” corporately, is church discipline. (See Matthew 18:15-17) When you are sinned against, do you follow the biblical steps of confrontation and reconciliation?
3. God’s method of “cleaning house,” individually, is humble repentance. (See James 4:6-10) Is there anything in your life you need to repent of before the Lord, today? (Discuss this question in accountability groups.)
4. (v.21-22) Jesus’ words were not fully grasped by the disciples until after His resurrection. How does Jesus’ resurrection bring perspective to everything He had said and done?
5. (v.24-25) Jesus knew that even professing believers are not fully reliable. How does this reality humble us and keep us relying on the Lord?
Pray for one another: That we would worship the Lord with sincerity, and repent of any sin the Lord reveals in our hearts.
Memory verse: “When therefore he was raised from the dead, his disciples remembered that he had said this, and they believed the Scripture and the word that Jesus had spoken." (John 2:22)
Please note: These weekly discussion questions are built on the Biblical/doctrinal foundation of the Sunday sermon at Harvest. Please be sure to listen attentively to the sermon ahead of your group meeting. If you are unable to hear the sermon live, you can access the service livestream immediately on-demand at our Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/harvestbiblechurch.detroitwest/videos
. Sermons are also uploaded midweek at http://harvestdetroitwest.org
and our podcast.